Ritz has more career highlights than there are spectators at the Boston Marathon (ok maybe not but still!):
- 3x Olympian at the 10,000m and marathon distances
- Former US Record holder in the 5,000m (12:56.27)
- 3rd fastest American marathon time in history (2:07:47)
- Three-time USA Cross Country Champion
- Two-time Foot Locker National high-school Cross Country Champion
- Half-marathon PR of 60:00 (2nd best HM time in US history)
A Generation UCAN-sponsored athlete, he is now preparing to run the River Bank Run 25k this May.
I kicked off the episode with an embarrassing story - one I debated sharing but I thought it was funny. Enjoy!
On more serious topics, we chat about:
- His injury prevention approach that's helped him rebound after so injuries (stress fractures, hernias, Achilles problems, and more)
- His favorite confidence-building workout
- His go-to meal after a marathon
- Eating pop-tarts the night before racing a marathon
- How his training has changed since turning pro
I hope you enjoy my conversation with Dathan Ritzenhein!