Nichola - or Nic as her friends call her - has such a long list of credentials and accomplishments that I simply can't share them all here.
But just a sampling of her education and experience demonstrates her expertise:
- Graduated from Loughborough University with a First Class Honours Degree in Sports & Exercise Science
- Graduated from Leeds Metropolitan University with a post-graduate diploma in Dietetics
- Holds a Master's Degree in Health Science
- Published author in the Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics
Her blog has also been voted as the UK's best health blog in 2015! Clearly, we're in good company.
In this conversation, Nic and I discuss a wide variety of topics important to runners:
- How can athletes running with diabetes fuel appropriately while managing their disease?
- Why is being "calorie-aware" important but fundamentally different than counting calories?
- Does the ketogenic ("keto") diet work for runners?
- Is coconut water a good source of hydration for runners?
- Do detoxes work?
- Should athletes like runners take multivitamins?
Use these principles to focus on big-picture principles and thrive!